Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My days are full of so much wonder and excitement lately. I am hardly able to settle down enough to type. I am very pleased that I have found this outlet for my journaling, and for connecting with so many in the world who are like-minded.

There is hardly a day that goes by, that I am not in some way, left more deeply aware that I am not in this by myself, but am part of a grand plan.

My wife of almost 18 years and I, have traveled quite a journey of discovery. The path has not been without its pain, and its tough memories, but I am convinced now more than ever before, that each moment, each event that happens, is neither good nor bad in itself, but is exactly as we see it and make it, however we wish. We create in each moment, the life that tomorrow, we will reflect back upon. We choose to be loved, by loving others, and the more we give, the more we receive. In true alchemist form, we make more of anything for ourselves by giving it away first.

Just as worry creates for us the very situations we feared, so also do all our thoughts create whatever we focus on, but we must be willing to take the positive to the same extremes to which we take the negative. Some try positive for a while, but when they do not get the results they want, they say, "See, this stuff doesn't work!"

We can, if we desire it, decide that we will only focus on things that take us where we want to go, and we can use that to create a happy marriage, a life of wealth or peace, or whatever we intend. Likewise, we can continue to let random thoughts take us in circles. In fact, I have often thought that is the real reason that most of us live common, seemingly random lives. Because we neither focus on the good nor the bad, but let the winds of random thinking run us around in circles.

How about this? Decide where you want to go, map it out, make a journey plan, and each day when you awake, prepare yourself again, to resume where you left off the previous day. Each day, look ahead, never wetting the finger and checking the winds, to follow where they blow you. Then you can say, with each new day, "I can't wait for the next, for in it, I will see and feel new things that will take me closer to my goals, to my dreams."

Then and only then, can you know the joy of the journey, and stop waiting for the prize at the end for fulfillment. The prize is a life well lived. Live life with the expectancy of a child who can't wait for tomorrow's adventure, and you will see how quickly life can become one again.

No comments: