Friday, July 11, 2008

The Cluetrain Almost Left Me

I have just recently discovered The Cluetrain Manifesto, and while I feel I am a relative late-comer to the concept, I am by far, still ahead of the popular curve on this. Why is it that most of the people in our land still resist change?

I discovered and bought the book last month, and it sat on my shelf waiting for me to find the time to read it, when, quite by accident, I opened up another book which I knew I should read and simply had not. The 8th Habit has turned out not only to be an eye, and mind opener, but again made reference early in the book, to The Cluetrain Manifesto. Now, I have just begun to read both books, and am studying them for what change they can help me effect in my own life.

I am sure I will have much to say about both, as every chapter in either one jolts me again and again, and even when I re-read the words of a chapter. There are some wonderful teachings which I had already begun to feel the need for, but did not realize at the time what I was feeling.

I am finding my voice, and I am beginning to see that there is so much that I can contribute to help those around me see and accept the direction our world is going. The world and the work of the 21st Century, for most of us in the USA, will be work done with our mouths and with our minds and not so much with our hands, and those who resist will merely continue to complain about how we are losing all of our jobs to foreign nations that will do it for less.

Let's all wake up and realize, the changes we see happening around us should not cause us to curl up and hold on to what we know. It should cause us to start learning again, possibly enrich that which we know, hopefully learn some new things. I see this as very positive, and want to be part of the world we are moving into.

To use a phrase from my childhood, "Resistance is Futile."

No comments: